Learn the fundamentals of toxicology
This one-day introductory training course presented by expert toxicology trainer Laura Robinson will cover toxicological terms and concepts – an increasingly valuable knowledge asset to have in working in the global regulatory compliance scene.
Exercises will be set throughout the day so you can put your new-found knowledge into practice.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Risk, hazard and exposure
- The dose-response concept
- Acute and chronic toxicity
- Local effects (irritation and corrosion)
- Systemic effects (target organ effects, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity, and developmental effects)
- Chemical allergy (allergic contact dermatitis and respiratory sensitisers)
- Human health risk assessment
- Assessment of toxicological effects
Who should attend?
This Toxicology for the Non-Toxicologist training course is applicable to professionals working in regulatory compliance, classification and labelling (CLP/GHS) as well as authors of safety data sheets (SDSs). It is also useful occupational hygienists, healthcare and HSE professionals and anyone interested in toxicology.
The material covered is suitable for those with little to no knowledge of toxicology.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).