The latest updates in food contact regulations in the US
Food contact materials (FCMs) are materials or articles that come into contact with food (and beverages), such as packaging, containers, machinery (used to process foodstuffs), as well as kitchenware and tableware. Food contact materials have the potential to affect human health and the environment, so ensuring compliance with food contact regulations is of the utmost importance to those manufacturing, producing or even selling food contact materials.
FCM regulations continue to be complex and fast-moving, with increasing consumer demand for information and developing technologies. This event from Chemical Watch, now in its third year, brings together a team of outstanding speakers to offer the latest developments in federal and state level legislation along with global FCM regulations.
Over two days, the annual Food Contact Regulations USA conference offers guidance on the latest developments in food contact materials from experts (including regulators, specialist consultants, and industry) through a series of informative presentations, panel discussions, and interactive Q&As.
Key topics at Food Contact Regulations USA 2021
- Regulatory updates from the FDA
- Federal and state level updates to food contact regulations
- How to leverage and expand on existing food contact clearances to meet new sustainability demands
- PFASs and food contact: A panel discussion
- EU Chemical Strategy and what it means for US food contact
- Substance-specific issues
Why you should attend Food Contact Regulations
- Expert panel: Meet and network with representatives from the US.
- Current thinking: Find out about the current and future state of the landscape for food contact regulations in the US, plus updates from around the world.
- Time efficiency: Bring yourself completely up-to-date with the complex and changeable landscape of food contact regulations throughout the US in just two days.
- Focus: Stay on top of the latest thinking across a wide range of legislations.
- Q&A panel sessions: Ask experts your specific questions during the multiple Q&A sessions. Remember, you can always send in written questions in advance of
Who should attend Food Contact Regulations USA 2021?
- Packaging product designers
- Food scientists and technologists
- Food processing engineers
- Brand owners
- Materials suppliers
- Product development technologists
- Technical service managers
- Purchasing and procurement personnel for FCM
- Chemicals companies
- Government regulators
- Law firms
- Manufacturers of polymeric materials (plastics, rubbers, resins, etc.)
- Packaging companies
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
- Advance members will receive 20% discount
- Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).