Throughout this course, each module will cover the following:
Module 1: General Overview of the Toxic Substances Control Act
- An overview of the different sections of TSCA; and
- How the different sections fit together, providing a flow for the Environmental Protection Agency to achieve its objectives under TSCA.
Module 2: TSCA section 5 (Part 1): TSCA Chemical Inventory, Exemptions
- Key statutory definitions;
- The TSCA Inventory, and determinations; and
Module 3: TSCA section 5 (Part 2): New Chemicals/New Use
- Statutory requirements of what EPA has to do under the law;
- What you should take into account when developing a submission;
- Hints and tips for after you submit; and,
- Preparing and submitting a notice.
Module 4: Confidential Business Information (CBI)
- A general overview of CBI in TSCA;
- Chemical Identity and how to protect it;
- The limitations of CBI protection;
- The processes for EPA to review CBI and disclose CBI if necessary;
- Penalties for inappropriate CBI disclosure; and,
- Hints and tips for proper CBI protection.