On this three-module course, you will cover the following subjects:
Module 1: EU RoHS overview and requirements
- Outline the intent and goals of the RoHS Directive No 2011/65/EU;
- Differentiate how 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) differs from 2002/95/EC (RoHS 1);
- Identify substance restrictions and exemptions;
- Explain the scope of product RoHS covers;
- Describe how 2011/65/EU implements CE marking and conformity requirements;
- Summarise obligations for manufacturers, distributors and importers.
Module 2: Beyond the basics
- Describe the scope clarifications and corrections (Directive 2017/2102);
- Demonstrate how to track and monitor exemption renewal and new exemption request applications;
- Outline current substances under review for possible restriction, the list of substances to be reviewed and aspects of the substance review methodology;
- Navigate article 24, the RoHS recast process and its status;
- Explain the place of RoHS among the EU substance restriction pantheon for products;
- Identify official sources of support from the European Commission.
Module 3: Complying with RoHS
- Identify the required aspects of technical documentation as defined by 768/2008/EC and the RoHS Harmonised Standard;
- Explain why using the Harmonised Standard is preferable to using Module A of 768/2008/EC;
- Outline the four tasks involved in producing technical documentation for RoHS;
- Describe the required content for a formal EU Declaration of Conformity;
- Demonstrate control of series production.