Managing chemicals safely: An increasingly business critical issue
Businesses and regulators around the world are asking for more information on, and insights into, how the management of chemicals relates to sustainable development and the circular economy. Following a decade of continuous regulatory reform, driven by global frameworks such as the UN's Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (Saicm) and the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals, companies are still confronting huge concern over the adverse effects of chemicals on human health and the environment.
Chemical Watch’s Global Business Summit brings together leading figures from the world of chemicals management to give their perspectives on the importance of quality risk management and why the safety of chemicals is integral to sustainable development.
The conference will explore in detail the global landscape of sharing information around chemicals and the most recent developments impacting businesses up and down supply chains. Speakers will include representatives from government organisations, trade associations, industry, service providers and NGOs.
There will be opportunities to ask questions at each session. And panel discussions will offer lively debate of the important emerging issues.
You’ll also have the chance to network virtually with other attendees.
If you’d prefer to attend just one day of the conference for £395, or two days for £795, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key topics at Global Business Summit: EU, USA and Asia
- The global picture
- EU regulation impacting chemical and product supply chains
- Challenges and rewards of successfully tackling supply chain information exchange
- Gathering information from suppliers
- How to measure progress on chemical usage and progress towards safer alternatives
- Ingredient transparency
- Brexit impacts
- Achieving a Circular Economy
- Substance grouping and the essential use concept
- Safer and more sustainable by design
- Recyclability of materials - how recyclers and other stakeholders are working together
Who should attend the Global Business Summit?
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Compliance managers
- EHS directors
- Sustainability managers
- Product safety/quality control professionals
- Government regulators
- Product stewards
- Service providers