The latest updates on European biocidal regulations
Eight years after the EU biocidal products Regulation (BPR) came into force, the biocides sector is still confronting new challenges. From the unprecedented level of demand for disinfectants due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, to a separate GB BPR scheme after Brexit, and the impact of the EU’s chemicals strategy for sustainability (CSS), companies and regulators are being kept on their toes.
At this event, experts will discuss how to improve implementation of the BPR, especially in the context of the European Commission’s recent report.
Meanwhile, long-running issues continue, including disruptive delays to the biocides review programme and authorisation processes, as well as the demanding new criteria for identifying endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs).
At Chemical Watch’s annual Biocides Europe event, experts will explore how stakeholders can be compliant in the face of these ongoing challenges, and discuss how to improve the implementation of the BPR.
The event brings together leading figures from industry, member state competent and regulatory authorities, as well as the European Commission and Echa.
The Biocides Europe conference will be held as a virtual conference on 1 and 2 December.
What will be covered?
- Regulatory processes in the European biocides sector;
- Testing and modelling updates;
- Assessment of EDCs under the BPR;
- Labelling issues for biocides;
- Sustainable use and innovation under the BPR;
- Improving implementation of the BPR; and
- International round-up of developments in the biocides sector.
- Expert speakers – hear from senior representatives of European institutions, member state competent authorities and industry, as they give their perspectives on emerging issues and hot topics, as well as the current state of biocides regulation across the EU
- Time-efficient – in just two days, bring yourself up to date with the complex and ever evolving regulatory biocides landscape
- Q&A panel sessions – an opportunity to ask questions, discuss topics, raise issues, seek solutions and share experiences with your peers and our expert speakers, all online
- Focus – an entire conference dedicated to the latest BPR developments, with in-depth discussions and practical insights
- Networking – meet and connect with biocides professionals from around Europe and further afield, at one of the largest biocides events in the world
Who should attend the Biocides Europe virtual conference?
- Biocidal substance manufacturers and users
- Biocidal product producers and users
- Importers, formulators, distributors and retailers of biocidal/antimicrobial products, including household cleaning products, preservatives and pesticides
- Those working in sustainability or marine/environmental welfare
- Regulatory managers
- Compliance officers
- Occupational health professionals
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR and relevant chemicals legislation
- National competent authorities