Specifically, it will cover,
- What is meant by toxicokinetics and how it differs to toxicodynamics
- The main routes of absorption and relate these exposure routes to toxicity
- What is meant by distribution and how this can impact toxicity.
- The role of metabolism (phase 1 and phase 2) and its relationship to toxicity
- The role of excretion and what is meant by the “half-life” of a chemical
- How knowledge of physicochemical properties can be useful in understanding the potential fate of a chemical within the body
- The current methods which are available for the assessment of toxicokinetics and current regulatory requirements.