Please note this is a repeated webinar which took place on 22 March 2016.
The following will be covered during the webinar:
Introduction to the immune system and allergies
- Innate Vs acquired immune response
- Categories of immunological response
- Definition of an allergy and the two stage development of an allergic reaction.
- The anatomy of the skin in relation to the development of an allergic reaction The cells of the immune system involved in the development of allergic contact dermatitis
- Factors which influence the development of allergic contact dermatitis.
- How allergic contact dermatitis differs from irritant contact dermatitis
- Current testing strategies for assessment of allergic contact dermatitis
Basic structure of the respiratory tract.
- The role of IgE and atopy in the development of an allergic reaction.
- How respiratory allergy differs to allergic contact dermatitis.
- Occupational asthma and work related asthma
- Current testing strategies for the assessment of respiratory allergies
The consequences of developing an allergy to a substance in the workplace
- Important considerations in relation to control measures in the workplace.
Other immunotoxicological effects
- Including multiple chemical sensitivities, and autoimmune effects.