Learn the fundamentals of toxicology
Toxicology is the cornerstone of risk assessment, and knowledge of this vast subject is essential for those dealing with compliance and regulations.
This 2 hour 30 minute online training course, presented by expert toxicology trainer Laura Robinson, offers a great opportunity to ground yourself in toxicological terms and concepts – an increasingly valuable asset to have when working in the global regulatory compliance scene.
This introductory course is applicable to all global chemical control regulations and covers the principles of toxicology, together with toxicological endpoints and an explanation of common terminology. It will also look at the most often used testing strategies within toxicology.
The material covered is suitable for those with little to no knowledge of toxicology. Attendees are actively encouraged to 'raise their hand' to put questions throughout the training – just as you would in a live classroom environment.
This course will also be taking place again on 5 December 2023. You can book your place here.
Topics to be discussed include:
- risk, hazard and exposure;
- the dose-response concept;
- acute and chronic toxicity;
- local effects (irritation and corrosion);
- systemic effects (target organ effects, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity, and developmental effects);
- chemical allergy (allergic contact dermatitis and respiratory sensitisers);
- human health risk assessment; and,
- the assessment of toxicological effects.
Training resources include:
- expanded lecture notes complementing the live course modules and serving as a useful reference after the course;
- a toxicology glossary containing a handy list of essential toxicology terms for your review;
- a copy of all slides used during the training; and
- a downloadable recording of the training event itself, for your personal review.
Who should attend?
- Technical/scientific staff who work in a regulatory department
- Authors of safety data sheets (SDSs) and/or extended safety data sheets (eSDSs)
- Occupational hygienists
- Health and safety staff
- Dangerous Goods safety advisors
- Sales/marketing teams looking to develop their knowledge of chemistry
- Occupational health advisors
- Anyone involved in the chemical industry or other allied professionals
- To develop your understanding of chemistry
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Chemical Watch members are entitled to a 15% discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).
We also have a beginner's course on toxicology in an eLearning format. This allows you to access the eLearning material anytime, anywhere, as opposed to the live training session:
- Beginner's Guide to Toxicology – eLearning
If you're looking for further training on toxicology, check out our intermediate course below:
- Toxicology & Toxicity Testing – 5 April
- Toxicology & Toxicity Testing – 6 December