Martin Kanert, born in 1962, studied chemistry at the universities of Dortmund and Aachen.
- As of October, 2017 - Deputy Director General, German Paint and Printing Ink Association (VdL)
- As of January, 2009 - Director, German Paint and Printing Ink Association (VdL)(The German Printing Ink Association merged with the German Paint Manufacturers Association with effect from January 1, 2009)
- As of May, 2006 - Executive Manager, European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA), a sector of CEPE
- 2000 – 2008 - Deputy Executive Director, Verband der Mineralfarbenindustrie e.V. (VdMi)
- 1998 – 2008 - Executive Manager, Verband der Druckfarbenindustrie, sector of the VdMi
- 1995 – 1998 - Technical and Regulatory Affairs Manager,Verband der Mineralfarbenindustrie e.V.
Kanert currently chairs the Packaging Inks Joint Industry Task Force (PIJITF), a joint platform of associations representing the value chain of printed food contact materials.