Learn ecotoxicology in 15 information-packed modules
Following on from the success of our first eLearning course 'The Beginner’s Guide to Toxicology' which has helped over 900 professionals gain confidence in understanding the adverse effects of chemicals on humans, Chemical Watch's 'The Practical Guide to Ecotoxicology and the Environment' eLearning course aims to improve your understanding of how chemicals interact with the environment and what to do to prevent harm..
Why you need to understand Ecotoxicology
Ecotoxicology is a multi-disciplinary science that studies the adverse effects of chemicals on all living organisms at the population, community and ecosystem levels. Ecotoxicological assessments are a standard information requirement for global chemical registration and notification procedures as well as for classification and labelling.
How this course can help
This course provides you with the knowledge to recognise the ways in which chemicals may interact with the environment and the precautionary measures which are needed to prevent harm.
This informative eLearning course clearly explains:
- The key points and concepts of ecotoxicology and the environment
- Aquatic, terrestrial, vertebrate and invertebrate toxicity, and the significance of indirect exposure to humans via the environment
- Environmental risk assessment
- Environmental exposure assessment
- Different testing strategies
This is achieved via a series of 15 modules filled with up-to-date regulatory data, using 340 professionally-designed pages of content combined with 420 audio explanations and 126 videos, module-specific quiz questions, an extensive glossary of terms and 15 module handouts.
Review the Module Learning Outcomes
Built by the same team behind Chemical Watch’s first eLearning course “The Beginner’s Guide to Toxicology” which helped over 900 professionals gain confidence in understanding the adverse effects of chemicals on humans.
“Excellent - as a lawyer and non-toxicologist I found it a very useful
introduction to the subject.”
Kai-Sebastian MelzerRegulatory Affairs Manager, Nickel Institute
Who is this course for?
- HSE professionals
- Occupational hygienists
- Anyone involved in classification and labelling
- Regulatory staff and business managers involved in Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF) or consortium meetings
- R&D chemists
- Authors of SDSs
- Anyone involved in REACH regulations, but also other chemical control regulations
- New recruits to companies needing a quick start to understanding ecotoxicological terms
Although a stand-alone course, this also works as a natural add-on training course to “The Beginner’s Guide to Toxicology”.
Attractive per-trainee prices and group rates
- Low per-trainee prices and attractive group rates ensure you maximise returns on your training budget.
- Initial single place cost: £400 (€450/$520) - members receive a discount based on their membership level
- For group rates for multiple trainees, please email us for a quote at: email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1743 818 292.
Disclaimer: For the smoothest learning experience it is advised to complete the courses either in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).