Learn chemistry in six easy-to-understand modules
In this four-part structured eLearning course, spanning six modules, you’ll be given a solid introduction to chemistry. Written by experienced lecturer Laura Robinson, you will learn how to identify some important hazard properties, such as pH and its link with corrosivity, and important exposure routes, including the use of water solubility and Log Kow for predicting absorption.
This eLearning course will provide you with a basic understanding of some of the most common physicochemical terms used in the prediction of likely exposure routes and hazardous effects; not only for human health but also for environmental fate and effects. What's more, expanding your knowledge of chemistry will help you with the identification of structural alerts, the use of appropriate read across and mechanisms of action.
Why you need to understand chemistry
Chemistry is the branch of science concerned with the substances of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions, and the use of such reactions to form new substances. Understanding the basics of the subject can help you remain aware of chemical safety and these key concepts will help you understand why physical and chemical properties can differ between chemicals.
How this course can help
This informative eLearning course clearly explains:
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Chemical categories and nomenclature
- Organic chemistry
- Physicochemical properties
- Chemistry in action
This is achieved via a series of six modules filled with up-to-date data. The course uses a balance of both traditional and modern learning methods alongside pages of high-quality content, audio and video explanations, module-specific quiz questions, an extensive glossary of terms, exercise workbook and six module handouts.
Review the module learning outcomes.
Who is this course for?
This eLearning course is applicable to any global chemical control regulation. It is designed for anyone who works in the chemical and allied industries and needs a better understanding of chemistry and its application. This includes:
- Regulatory affairs (chemical registration work)
- Authors and recipients of safety data sheets (SDSs)
- Anyone involved in classification and labelling in accordance with EU CLP/GHS
- Regulatory authorities
- Health and safety professionals
- Occupational health professionals
- Toxicologists and ecotoxicologists
- Laboratory staff
- R&D staff with a limited chemistry background
- Business managers involved in consortium meetings
- Sales and marketing teams who would like to learn more about basic chemistry
Attractive per-trainee prices and group rates
- Low per-trainee prices and attractive group rates ensure you maximise returns on your training budget.
- Initial single place cost: £400 (€450/$520) - members receive a discount based on their membership level
- For group rates for multiple trainees, please email us for a quote at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1743 818 292.
Disclaimer: For the smoothest learning experience it is advised to complete the courses either in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).