Get a detailed overview of UK REACH and how it differs from EU law
Due to Brexit, on the 1 January 2021, the UK REACH Regulation came into force in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales). Any company importing, manufacturing, formulating, and using chemicals in Great Britain (“GB”) must comply with the requirements of the Regulation. Also, non-GB based manufacturing or formulating companies placing chemicals on the GB market, can, through an Only Representative, comply with the regulation.
GB-based companies that registered their substances under EU REACH had the option to grandfather these substances into the UK system whilst GB downstream users/importers that relied on the registrations of their EU REACH suppliers could, and still can, submit downstream user import notifications (DUINs) to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to benefit from extended registration deadlines. These extended deadlines are in the process of further extension pending legislative updates. Also, the UK REACH registration process itself is potentially subject to change in 2024 pending further governmental consultations with the industry and stakeholders.
This online training course will give a comprehensive overview of applicable UK REACH requirements that will affect companies in ways that depend on their role in the supply chain, and practical guidance on how to successfully manage key transitional measures: next steps of the grandfathering process, DUINs, UK REACH registration for existing and new substances (NRES), as well as a look at the authorisation process. Furthermore, upcoming and potential changes to the UK REACH regulation will be explained and how these will impact your compliance efforts as well as potential implications for Norther Ireland based companies.
The course gives an overview of UK REACH and how it differs from its EU counterpart, the EU REACH regulation, and will provide advice on:
- UK REACH registration and making an action plan for meeting its deadlines;
- Compliance alternatives for GB-based companies and non-GB based companies; and
- UK REACH obsolescence risk management and what suppliers and downstream users can do to mitigate these risks.
What you can expect from the Essentials of UK REACH
- An interactive master class where you will have the opportunity to ask questions to REACHLaw experts who are dealing with UK REACH compliance on a daily basis;
- Practical insights into the UK REACH registration process, whether it be for new or existing substances or substances for Lead or Co-registration; and
A recording and copy of the slides will be available once the training course has finished.
Conference attendees can claim their training discount!
Book your place at UK Chemicals Regulations 2023 and get a 20% discount off this online training course. Email us at email@example.com and quote the code UKREACH20 to claim this offer.