Understand compliance requirements for global food contact materials
This new one-day training course has been designed to offer you an understanding of the compliance requirements for global food contact materials.
Food contact regulatory requirements around the world are complex with different regions requiring their own notifications (US, EU, China, South America etc) for new food contact substances as well as compliance specifications for food
Specific areas covered include:
- Compliance approach for assessing polymer material including plastic, silicones, coatings, rubber;
- Cross comparison between EU, FDA, Mercosur and China;
- EN1186 overall migration testing according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food;
- EN13130 specific migration testing according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food;
- Regulation (EU) 10/2011 and article 3 in Commission Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food;
- China GB 4806 & GB 31604 series of tests;
- Testing performed against United States FDA 21 CFR and Preparation of Food Contact Notifications testing protocols;
- Usage of recycled materials;
Sarah Saminadin Peter
Manager, Strategic Development, Food Contact EMEA
Health, Environmental & Regulatory Services (HERS)
Sarah Saminadin-Peter is a Regulatory Affairs Expert who started a career as a researcher in Biological Chemistry and System Biology at Harvard Medical School. Graduated from the Ludwig Maximillian University (LMU) of Munich, in her researches, she developed analytical methods to performed high-throughput 3D imagining and to target impact of changes that occur in the non-coding DNA.
She moved career path 5 years ago to become a regulatory affair for food contact materials and materials in contact with drinking water. She is currently assisting clients on worldwide strategic regulatory compliance and organizing regulatory training.
She is now the Manager for Strategic Development of Food Contact for EMEA region at Intertek Health Environment Regulatory Services based in Germany.