- Session 5: Circular Economy and waste
Best practice for circular economy and chemical waste – an overview
Nicolas HumezChair of the Hazardous Waste Working Group, International Solid Waste Association (ISWA)
- How does legislation support circular economy when dealing with chemical waste?
- What's happened in the field? How to spread best practices all over the world.
- Looking to the future, what do we need to do? How can we solve the challenges we currently face?
The impact of circularity on chemicals management: What does best practice in Circular Economy mean in your sector?
Sussi WetterlinCEO, BASTAonline ABCarina Loh LindholmProject manager, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- How the BASTA system works and how it can support circular material flows
- Experience from case studies and ongoing research projects, focusing on the reuse of interior building products often used in offices
- Benefits of reuse in terms of reduced climate impact compared to buying new products
- Possible solutions to enable reuse in an industrial scale
Electronics sectorJohn OrtizVice President, Inks and Sustainability, Memjet
Cefic study: waste in the context of the circular economy and REACHAnn DierckxDirector Sustainability, Cefic
Plastic additives and circularity: the case of flame retardants in EEE plastics
Lein TangeProduct Stewardship Manager, ICL-IP/Flame Retardants Europe
- Functionality of the products during service life and sustainability: how to strike the right balance?
- Flame retardants are circular: new technologies to recycle WEEE plastics with full recovery of materials and their environmental benefits
- Looking into the future of flame retardants: sustainable materials while keeping the technical compatibility and functionality
- Session 6: Corporate Drivers
Panel discussion – best practices in alternatives assessment
Paul AshfordManaging Director, Anthesis-Caleb, UKCheri PeeleProgram Manager, Chemical Footprint Project, Clean Production ActionLauren HeineDirector of Science & Data Integrity, Cofounder, ChemFORWARDElke Van AsbroeckManaging Director, Apeiron-Team NV, Belgium
- Experience so far with alternative assessment – what works and what doesn’t?
- Enshrining alternative assessment methodology in legislation
- Directions for the future
- Session 7: Current topics of high interest
Choice of break-out sessions
- 1: EDCs
- 2: Brexit
Break-out group 1: EDCs - one year on
Moderator: Linda-Jean Cockroft, Technical Director (Business, Industry & Growth), Risk & Policy Analysts, UK
Implementation, adoption into other regulations, new EDcs and grouping
One year on……Jordane WodliPolicy officer, European CommissionPia Juul NielsenSenior Adviser, M.Sc. (pharm) EDC Science Consultant, CHEM Trust, DenmarkJean-Pierre BusnardoEuropean Regulatory Affairs Manager, Dupont
Break-out group 2: Brexit - what does it mean for chemical regulations?
- How could the UK stay in REACH?
- What happens if the UK doesn’t stay in REACH
Moderator: Michael Warhurst, Executive Director, ChemTrust, UKSusanne BakerAssociate Director, Climate, Environment & Sustainability, techUKJean-Pierre FeyaertsFormerly Federal Public Service ‘Economy’Riku Rinta-JouppiPartner and Head of Global Compliance, REACHLaw
- Session 8: Corporate drivers - Investment & People
How money follows sound chemicals management - Investing in the new generation of chemicals
Ludwig GorisSenior Investment Manager, Capricorn Venture Partners
- Financing of start- and scale-ups in the food, agri and chemical sectors
- Overcoming the challenges of today and avoiding the pitfalls of the past
- Highlights of the innovative nature and sustainability drive of the current and future chemical industry
How to kill a start-up: challenges of working in partnership with green chemistry start-ups
Werner WutscherFounder and CEO, New Venture Scouting
- Startups as part of open innovation
- Co-operations with startups – Dos and don’ts for corporate managers
- Startup check – what you have to keep in mind
Challenges for bringing environmentally friendly chemicals to market: a start-up’s perspective
Christian SchimperManaging Director, Acticell GmbH
- New technology approach/implementation strategy
- Market entry strategy – distribution & business model
- Hurdles and challenges
- Lessons learned
Close of conference