Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of toxicology
This one-day introductory training course presented by expert toxicology trainer Laura Robinson offers a unique opportunity to ground yourself in toxicological terms and concepts – an increasingly valuable knowledge asset to have in working in the global regulatory compliance scene. It covers the principles of toxicology together with toxicological endpoints and an explanation of common terminology (including LD50, NOAEL, LOAEL, etc) and will also look at the currently available testing strategies (including alternative methods) within toxicology.
Exercises will be set throughout the day to enable participants to put their new-found knowledge into practice.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Risk, hazard and exposure;
- The dose-response concept;
- Acute and chronic toxicity;
- Local effects (irritation and corrosion);
- Systemic effects (target organ effects, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity, and developmental effects);
- Chemical allergy (allergic contact dermatitis and respiratory sensitisers);
- Human health risk assessment; and
- Assessment of toxicological effects.
Join the conversation online: #ToxforNonTox