Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of toxicology
This 2 hour webinar, presented by expert toxicology trainer Laura Robinson, offers a unique opportunity to ground yourself in toxicological terms and concepts – an increasingly valuable knowledge asset to have in working in the global regulatory compliance scene.
This introductory webinar is applicable to all global chemical control regulations and covers the principles of toxicology together with toxicological endpoints and an explanation of common terminology and will also look at the most-often used testing strategies within toxicology. The material covered is suitable for those with little to no knowledge of toxicology, and attendees are actively encouraged to 'raise their hand' and put questions forward throughout the training – just as you would in a live classroom environment.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Risk, hazard and exposure
- The dose-response concept
- Acute and chronic toxicity
- Local effects (irritation and corrosion)
- Systemic effects (target organ effects, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity and developmental effects)
- Chemical allergy (allergic contact dermatitis and respiratory sensitisers)
- Human health risk assessment
- Assessment of toxicological effects
Training resources included:
- Training handbook complementing the webinar and including practice questions and answers to test your understanding of toxicology basics.
- Expanded lecture notes complementing the live course modules and serving as a useful reference after the course.
- Toxicology glossary containing a handy list of essential toxicology terms for
- Copy of all slides used during the training
- Downloadable recording of the training event itself, for your personal review.
Your expert coach:
Laura Robinson, a qualified toxicologist and chemist with over ten years' experience in health, safety and environmental issues, as well as chemical compliance.
Laura is an accomplished toxicology trainer, consultant and author of two books on toxicology, published by Blackwell. Her third book, ‘A Practical Guide to Toxicology and Human Health Risk Assessment' (John Wiley & Sons) published in November 2018.