A regulatory and legal overview of the newly amended K-REACH as well as K-BPR and CCA
This webinar looked at the latest amendments and implementations to South Korean chemical regulations, and explored the following regulations: K-REACH, K-BPR (Biocidal Products Regulation) and CCA (Chemicals Control Act) with the help of three speakers from KTR (Korea Testing and Research Institute) who shared their expertise and experience working with K-REACH, K-BPR and CCA.
Each session showed stakeholders to what extent those three laws will affect their industry, in addition to what they need to do to comply, as strategically as possible.
Session 1: K-REACH
- The legal framework of K-REACH;
- Key points of the amendment; and,
- How to comply with K-REACH strategically.
Session 2: Newly-adopted K-BPR
- Background of K-BPR;
- The legal framework of K-BPR;
- Main provisions; and,
- Transitional measures.
Session 3: CCA
- The legal framework of CCA;
- Main obligations for chemical manufacturers and importers; and,
- The recent amendment of CCA.
- Ms. Young-In Kim, Head Researcher at KTR
- Ms. Ami Fukuroi, Head Researcher at KTR
- Mr. Young Jin Kang, Head Researcher at KTR
For more information on South Korean chemical regulations and how to remain compliant and ensure product safety, please visit us at AsiaHub Summit USA 2019 on 21-22 March in Washington, DC. Both K-REACH and K-BPR will be discussed in greater detail during Session 2 on Day Two of the Summit, in addition to an industry case study from Procter & Gamble. Find out more here.