Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of toxicology
This one-day introductory training course presented by expert toxicology trainer Laura Robinson will cover toxicological terms and concepts – an increasingly valuable knowledge asset to have in working in the global regulatory compliance scene.
Exercises will be set throughout the day so you can put your new-found knowledge into practice.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Risk, hazard and exposure;
- The dose-response concept;
- Acute and chronic toxicity;
- Local effects (irritation and corrosion);
- Systemic effects (target organ effects, carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity, and developmental effects);
- Chemical allergy (allergic contact dermatitis and respiratory sensitisers);
- Human health risk assessment; and,
- Assessment of toxicological effects.
Who should attend?
- Regulatory affairs (chemical registration work)
- Authors and recipients of Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Anyone involved in classification and labelling in accordance with EU CLP/GHS
- Regulatory authorities
- HSE professionals
- Product safety professionals
- Medicine or forensics professionals
- Occupational health
- Toxicologists and ecotoxicologists
- Laboratory staff
- R&D staff with a limited chemistry background
- Business managers involved in consortium meetings
- Sales and marketing teams
Join the conversation online: #ToxforNonTox