Sustainable development and the circular economy in the world of chemicals management
Businesses and regulators around the world are asking for more information and insights on how chemicals management relates to sustainable development and the circular economy. Following a decade of unprecedented regulatory reform, driven by global frameworks such as SAICM and GHS, companies are still facing huge concerns about the adverse effects of chemicals on human health and the environment – driven, not least, by plastics pollution.
The Global Business Summit brings together leading figures to provide their perspectives on why chemicals safety is integral to sustainable development and quality risk management is critical to corporate success. Speakers will examine the importance of sustainability on companies’ chemicals management strategies and explore the growing impact of the circular economy by delving in turn into the sourcing of materials, manufacturing and production processes, the flow of communication around chemicals and the growing importance and impact of recycling and waste.
Each session will offer opportunities for asking questions and frequent panel discussions will allow the presenters to discuss emerging issues and respond to each others’ perspectives directly.
Key topics at the Global Business Summit Europe
- How sustainable is your chemicals management strategy?
- Sourcing materials: The foundation of your sustainable chemicals management strategy
- Manufacturing and production: Ensuring best practice and latest chemicals management knowledge reach the factory floor
- Chemicals in use: Knowing what chemicals are in your products and how to manage any risks
- Waste and recycling
Who should attend Global Business Summit Europe?
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Compliance managers
- EHS directors
- Sustainability managers
- Product safety/quality control professionals
- Government regulators
- Product stewards
- Service providers
Why should you attend Global Business Summit Europe?
- Get the latest thinking on the future of chemicals and waste management.
- Hear practical insights from industry leaders on key developments.
- Benefit from a carefully crafted programme providing big-picture overviews as well as individual case studies examining different elements of circular economy.
- Network with leading figures and industry peers sharing the vision that chemicals safety is integral to sustainable development.
Justify your event attendance to your manager
Getting the budget buy-in from your manager and making a business case to attend an event may be a challenging task for some, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for you with some useful tips and practical resources, all on one handy page.