Keep up to date with Chemical Substances Registration in Taiwan
Watch the webinar recording below:
The amendment of regulations of New and Existing Chemical Substances Registration has come to effect on 11 March.
Several chemical registration rules have changed including the scope of the exemption, regulation harmonisation, simplification, annual report, reviewing periods and existing chemicals. The corresponding kick-off date and substances list of 1st Standard Registration of Designated Chemical Substances by Stages (SRDCSS) may bring a direct impact on industry.
The preparation will be tough and burdensome for the industry with different approaches compared to EU and Korea REACH, especially for SMEs.
During the webinar, Ken Liu explored key changes to the New and Existing Chemical Substances Registration in Taiwan, including:
- The scope of exemptions;
- Regulation harmonisation;
- Annual reports;
- Reviewing periods;
- How it affects existing chemicals;
- When the registration process is expected to start;
- The substances list of 1st Standard Registration of Designated Chemical Substances by Stages (SRDCSS); and,
- The impact of the changes on industry.
Speaker: Ken Liu, ERM