The latest updates in European biocidal regulations direct from the experts
***UPDATE: This event is now being held virtually on 26, 27 & 28 May, with video recordings***
It is now more than six years since the BPR came into force, however, the European legal framework for biocides is still proving challenging and dynamic with new issues flaring up as others are resolved. Current hot topics, such as the criteria for identifying endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), provide new impetus for debate and guidance.
The annual Symposium, which is now in its 11th year, brings together leading figures from industry, different member states, competent authorities and regulatory authorities, including the European Commission, the European Chemicals Agency (Echa) and the European Food Safety Authority (Efsa). Through virtual presentations and Q&As, this line-up of experts will provide overviews of the most recent developments from relevant stakeholders, updates on the assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals under the BPR, and discuss product authorisation and active substance renewal processes.
Furthermore the Symposium offers the opportunity to hear about sustainable use and innovation in the sector, insights into biocides topics overlapping with other legislations, and provide the latest updates on testing and modelling.
Join this virtual event for three days of presentations, discussion panels and Q&A sessions. If you are unable to clear your diary for the whole event or wish to rewatch the presentations, you will receive the full video recordings shortly after the event.
Why you should attend this year's virtual Biocides Symposium?
- A popular event for anyone affected by biocides legislation, with a focus on the authorisation of biocidal products and approval of active substances under the BPR.
- An unrivalled opportunity to ask questions, discuss topics, raise issues, seek resolutions and share different (or similar) experiences with your peers and our expert speakers - all online.
- Virtual presentations and discussions by experts from notable organisations from around the world.
- Watch the virtual event live plus catch up later with the video recordings. More on virtual events here.
Who should attend the virtual Biocides Symposium?
- Biocidal substance manufacturers and users;
- Biocidal product producers,
- Regulatory managers;
- Compliance officers;
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR; and,
- National competent authorities.