The latest updates in European biocidal regulations direct from the experts
***UPDATE: This event is now being held virtually on 26, 27 & 28 May***
It is now more than six years since the BPR came into force, however, the European legal framework for biocides is still proving challenging and dynamic with new issues flaring up as others are resolved.
Current hot topics, such as the emergency measures around Covid-19 for disinfectants and and criteria for identifying endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), provide new impetus for debate and guidance.
The annual Symposium, which is now in its 11th year, brings together leading figures from industry, different member states, competent authorities and regulatory authorities, including the European Commission, the European Chemicals Agency (Echa) and the European Food Safety Authority (Efsa).
Through virtual presentations and Q&As, this line-up of experts will provide overviews of the most recent developments from relevant stakeholders on the Covid-19 related BPR impacts for industry and authorities, the assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals under the BPR, and discuss product authorisation and active substance renewal processes.
Furthermore, the Symposium offers the opportunity to hear about sustainable use and innovation in the sector, insights into biocides topics overlapping with other legislations, and provide the latest updates on testing and modelling.
Join this virtual event for three days of presentations, discussion panels and Q&A sessions. If you're unable to clear your diary for the whole event or wish to rewatch the presentations, you will receive the full video recordings shortly after the event. More on virtual events here.
Key topics at this year's virtual Biocides Symposium
- BPR updates and overviews;
- The assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals under the BPR;
- Product authorisation and active substance renewal;
- Sustainable use, innovation and benefits of biocides under the BPR;
- Biocides topics overlapping with other legislation; and,
- Testing and modelling.
Why you should attend?
- A popular event for anyone affected by biocides legislation, with a focus on the authorisation of biocidal products and approval of active substances under the BPR.
- An unrivalled opportunity to ask questions, discuss topics, raise issues, seek resolutions and share different (or similar) experiences with your peers and our expert speakers - all online.
- Virtual presentations and discussions by experts from notable organisations from around the world.
- Watch the virtual event live plus catch up later with the video recordings. More on virtual events here.
Who should attend?
- Biocidal substance manufacturers and users;
- Biocidal product producers,
- Regulatory managers;
- Compliance officers;
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR; and,
- National competent authorities.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).
Interested in sponsoring our virtual events?
Download our media pack to find out more about our virtual sponsorship opportunities