The latest updates in European biocidal regulations direct from the experts
This year’s Biocides Symposium takes place in Copenhagen on 26-27 May 2020. It is now more than six years since the BPR came into force, however, the European legal framework for biocides is still proving challenging and dynamic with new issues flaring up as others are resolved. Current hot topics, such as the criteria for identifying endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) and Brexit, provide new impetus for debate and guidance.
The annual Symposium, which is now in its 11th year, brings together leading figures from industry, different member states competent authorities and regulatory authorities, including the European Commission and the European Chemicals Agency (Echa). Through presentations and Q&As this lineup of experts will provide overviews of the most recent developments from relevant stakeholders, discuss sustainable use and innovation, insights into biocides topics overlapping with other legislations, and how the registration process could be optimised for both applicants and authorities.
Furthermore, the Symposium offers an opportunity to hear about the latest updates on testing and modelling, international developments for biocides, the product authorisation process and examine emerging issues that are likely to grow in importance.
Why you should attend this year's Biocides Symposium
- A highly popular event (now in its 11th year) for anyone affected by biocides legislation, with a focus on the authorisation of biocidal products within the BPR.
- An unrivalled opportunity to ask questions, discuss topics, raise issues, seek resolutions and share different (or similar) experiences with your peers and our expert speakers.
- Presentations by experts from notable organisations from around the world.
Who should attend Biocides Symposium 2020
- Biocidal substance manufacturers and users;
- Biocidal product producers,
- Regulatory managers;
- Compliance officers;
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR; and,
- National competent authorities.
Justify your event attendance to your manager
Getting the budget buy-in from your manager and making a business case to attend an event may be a challenging task for some, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for you with some useful tips and practical resources, all on one handy page.