Manage inspection with confidence at this practical workshop
After 10 years, the REACH regulation is firmly established as the cornerstone of safe management and use of chemicals within the EU. With the regulation comes enforcement and inspection – and lots of questions:
- Who are the regulators?
- Is each Member State the same?
- How is enforcement co-ordinated?
- What is the focus of inspections?
- What are the penalties for non-compliance?
Using a mixture of presentations, discussions and exercises, this workshop will answer these questions and provide attendees with the information they need to ensure that they can manage inspection with confidence and what action is needed to embed REACH compliance into the company management and ethos.
Key topics to be covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of regulators, including ECHA, MSCA, Customs and Member State variations
- Inspection targets and strategies
- Penalties and prosecutions
- Triggers for inspections
- Non-regulatory inspections
- Preparing for a successful inspection
This practical workshop is run in partnership with this year's Enforcement Summit, taking place in Brussels on 16-17 October.