What industry needs to know about the rapidly evolving regulatory and legal landscape, and how due diligence and insurance can mitigate risks
This 1-hour webinar will cover US regulatory/state developments related to PFAS, the importance of insurance as a possible tool for offsetting PFAS-related liabilities, and the unorthodox climate surrounding federal legislation regarding PFAS. More specifically, the panel will address the following issues:
- Important legal and regulatory developments pertinent to PFAS, including recent EPA rulemaking activities
- The interrelationship between proposed federal regulations and the potential for considerable upticks in PFAS-related liability exposure under CERCLA and other statutes for differently situated companies
- The proliferation of state consumer protection laws and what they mean for public and private companies
- What to expect in the way of future regulations, litigation, and regulatory enforcement activities
- The climate and state of technical awareness on Capitol Hill regarding PFAS
- The value of being proactive in terms of identifying potential nexuses to PFAS
- Risk-shifting for PFAS liabilities, including historical insurance policies with environmental coverage and current policies covering direct exposure claims
Reza Zarghamee, Partner, Pillsbury Law
Aimee P. Ghosh, Partner, Pillsbury Law
Tamara D. Bruno, Partner, Houston, Pillsbury Law
Watch the session here:
For an in-depth analysis of the latest regulatory, legal and scientific developments for PFASs, join us for the Chemical Watch PFAS Updates USA 2023 one-day conference on 27 September in Washington, D.C.
Our Regulatory Summit Americas takes place on 25–26 September, just before PFAS Updates USA. This two-day conference will provide a comprehensive overview of the latest global developments shaping the safe management of chemicals.