How REACH regulates articles and the role of Scip
Handling articles requires that companies respect certain legal obligations. The REACH Regulation has several such obligations. For a company it is crucial to properly understand which are relevant and how they can be tackled efficiently.
From 5 January 2021 onwards suppliers of articles have also needed to consider the new substances of concern in products (Scip) database. This has had a major impact on the existing legal framework.
This course will give you insight into the REACH framework for articles. It will support you in your efforts to be compliant, to avoid business disruptions and to implement legislation efficiently.
You will be encouraged to 'raise your hand' and put questions throughout the training – just as you would in a classroom environment.
During this four hour event, your trainer will be Marko Sušnik, senior advisor at Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (WKÖ – Wirtschaftskammer Österreich). He will guide you through the regulatory labyrinth that is REACH, stop to discuss your questions and share his professional experience with you.
By attending this course, you will learn:
- to legally define an article and discuss borderline cases;
- about the concept of a complex object and its consequences;
- about the legal framework for articles and complex objects under REACH;
- about the background, role and relevance of the Scip database; and
- about strategies for compliance.