Sustainability and circular economy - be part of the chemicals management of the future
***UPDATE: This event is now taking place as a virtual conference on 9-10 September***
Businesses and regulators around the world are asking for more information on, and insights into, how the management of chemicals relates to sustainable development and the circular economy. Following a decade of unprecedented regulatory reform, driven by global frameworks such as the UN's Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (Saicm) and the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals, companies are still confronting huge concern over the adverse effects of chemicals on human health and the environment. The UN’s 2030 Sustainable Development Goals provide impetus for the sound management of chemicals and waste.
Chemical Watch’s Global Business Summit brings together leading figures from the world of chemical management who will give their perspectives on why the safety of chemicals is integral to sustainable development and quality risk management is critical to corporate success.
Speakers will examine the importance of the European Commission’s Green Deal and look at other drivers pushing companies’ sustainable chemicals management strategies. The conference will explore worldwide moves towards a circular economy by looking at the sourcing of materials, manufacturing and production processes, the flow of communication around chemicals and the key role of recycling and waste. Speakers will include representatives from government organisations, trade associations, industry, service providers and NGOs.
There will be opportunities to ask questions at each session. And panel discussions will offer live debate of the important emerging issues.
You’ll also have the chance to network virtually with other attendees, and interact with the event through question and answer sessions, polls, chat rooms and forums.
Register for Global Business Summit 2020
Key topics at the Global Business Summit
- Developing sustainable chemicals management strategies
- Sourcing materials: The foundation of your sustainable chemicals management strategy
- Manufacturing and production
- Chemicals in use: Knowing what chemicals are in your products and how to manage risks
- Waste and recycling
Who should attend the Global Business Summit?
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Compliance managers
- EHS directors
- Sustainability managers
- Product safety/quality control professionals
- Government regulators
- Product stewards
- Service providers
Why should you attend the Global Business Summit?
- Get the latest thinking on the future of chemicals and waste management;
- hear practical insights from industry leaders on key developments;
- benefit from a carefully crafted programme providing big-picture overviews as well as individual case studies examining different facets of the circular economy;
- network with leading figures and industry peers sharing the vision that chemicals safety is integral to sustainable development;
- as this is a virtual conference you avoid travel and accommodation costs. There is just an attendance fee to pay;
- opportunities for online networking with our panel of speakers and your fellow attendees;
- all of the recorded presentations made available to you once the conference has finished. You can watch them again, at your convenience;
- without travel, carbon emissions get the benefit as well as you. And any materials that would normally be printed will be provided digitally, minimising the use of paper.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).
Interested in sponsoring our virtual events?
Download our media pack to find out more about our virtual sponsorship opportunities