Understand your obligations for the transport of dangerous goods under the ADR
Over four modules, this course will provide expert training on the road transport of dangerous goods, as regulated by the Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR). The course is relevant to both national and international guidelines and is an excellent starting point for industry professionals in this field.
What is the ADR?
The Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) was completed at Geneva on 30 September 1957 under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, and it entered into force on 29 January 1968. This Agreement was modified in New York on 21 August 1975, though these changes only took effect on 19 April 1985. It has been regularly amended and updated since entry into force, with the latest amendments entering into force in January 2023.
The Agreement’s main objective is to ensure that the transport of dangerous goods is carried out in the best possible safety conditions, minimising the risk of accidents and improving the quality level of transportation.
It applies to dangerous goods transport operations, including the marking and labelling of packages, requirements for the transport packages and vehicles, and documentation, loading and unloading operations and any other activities related to the transport of dangerous goods by road.
What will you learn on the course?
- How the transport of dangerous goods by road is regulated in accordance with the ADR
- Structure of the regulation
- Classification of dangerous goods for transport
- Packaging materials for transporting dangerous goods
- Documentation requirements
- Labelling and marking
- Exemptions to the regulation
Who should attend?
- Staff of companies who manufacture, consign, classify, pack, mark, label, transport, store or use dangerous goods transported by road
- Consulting companies
- Occupational doctors
- Other professionals who wish to improve their technical skills and knowledge in the field of the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road according to the ADR
Four sessions – 1.5 hours each
Is this a key topic of interest for your business? We can run this training course exclusively for your organization, as a tailored learning experience. Email us at email@example.com for more information