Join us in Vienna for the latest biocides updates
This year, Biocides Europe is returning to the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria. As our first in-person biocides conference in three years, this highly anticipated event will provide the latest information on the biocidal products Regulation (BPR), which has now been in force for nine years.
The biocides sector is still confronting significant challenges. Companies and regulators are being kept on their toes by the growing need for sustainable products and alternatives, demanding new criteria for identifying endocrine disrupting (ED) chemicals and a developing GB BPR scheme following Brexit. Meanwhile, long-running issues continue, including disruptive delays to the biocides review programme and authorisation processes.
At Chemical Watch’s annual Biocides Europe conference, experts will explore how stakeholders can be compliant in the face of these ongoing challenges and explore how to increase the sustainable use of biocides under the BPR.
The conference brings together leading figures from industry, member state competent and regulatory authorities, as well as the European Commission and Echa.
The two-day conference will also be streamed online, making it available for you to attend virtually from anywhere in the world, or to watch on demand at a time and place that suits you.
Join us in person or virtually
You can attend this event in person or live virtually from the comfort of your desk. Plus, all the content will be available on demand online shortly after the event, if you want to catch up after the conference.
What will be covered?
- Regulatory processes in the European biocides sector
- Testing and modelling updates
- Sustainability and the BPR
- The assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals under the BPR
- Efficacy updates
- Expert speakers – hear from senior representatives of European institutions, member state competent authorities and industry, as they give their perspectives on emerging issues and hot topics, as well as the current state of biocides regulation across the EU
- Time-efficient – in just two days, bring yourself up to date with the complex and ever evolving regulatory biocides landscape
- Q&A panel sessions – an opportunity to ask questions, discuss topics, raise issues, seek solutions and share experiences with your peers and our expert speakers, all online
- Focus – an entire conference dedicated to the latest BPR developments, with in-depth discussions and practical insights
- Networking – meet and connect with biocides professionals from around Europe and further afield, at one of the largest biocides events in the world
Who should attend the Biocides Europe virtual conference?
- Biocidal substance manufacturers and users
- Biocidal product producers and users
- Importers, formulators, distributors and retailers of biocidal/antimicrobial products, including household cleaning products, preservatives and pesticides
- Those working in sustainability or marine/environmental welfare
- Regulatory managers
- Compliance officers
- Occupational health professionals
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR and relevant chemicals legislation
- National competent authorities
Venue and location
The Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere is a 5-star, stylish hotel and conference space. It is situated close to a variety of Vienna's key locations, including Belvedere, Albertina, Naschmarkt and the Vienna State Opera. Why not join us at the conference and then take the opportunity to explore all that this beautiful city has to offer?
Pre-conference Biocides Efficacy Workshop
If you would like to receive some more hands-on training on biocides, don't miss our Biocides (Disinfectants) Efficacy Workshop, taking place in person, in Vienna, on 29 November, the day before the conference. Find out more and book your place here. Plus, get a 15% discount on the workshop when you attend the Biocides Europe conference.
Sponsor/exhibit at this event
By choosing to sponsor this event, you can promote your products and services to our highly targeted audience of regulatory and product safety professionals. Your presence at our events will be featured in a dedicated campaign by our in-house marketing team, and you’ll have the chance to promote your own relevant content before, during and after the event. FIND OUT MORE