Everything you need to know about the TSCA Section 5 Process
POSTPONED - NEW DATE TBC
Bringing new industrial chemicals to market in the US has become extremely challenging after passage of the 2016 Lautenberg amendments. Recent policy changes have impacted risk assessment and risk management approaches at the USEPA and new chemical notifications are no longer just a form filling exercise. Small missteps in the application process can lead to significant issues and the absence of certain information elements can have substantial impact on the review timeline and regulatory outcomes.
This online workshop will highlight important changes in the new chemical programme and provide technical training on the current risk assessment and risk management processes, building upon training material originally developed by the US EPA under the Sustainable FuturesTM programme.
During this workshop you will get comprehensive training on scientific approaches and predictive models applied by the US EPA when conducting chemical risk assessment and work through case studies to demonstrate risk management concepts. The workshop includes demonstrations of US EPA and OECD computer-based models to evaluate hazard, exposure and risk parameters.
Workshop Training Goals
Understanding the US EPA risk assessment process, inputs to the tools and how the model outputs are applied will help you:
- conduct pre-submission screening level assessments and identify chemical attributes of concern;
- identify important exposure and release parameters in a chemical supply chain that can have large impacts on chemical risk;
- design cost-effective tiered testing strategies;
- develop successful new chemical introduction strategies and compile robust premanufacture notifications (PMN) and exemption applications;
- anticipate potential regulatory outcomes and how they can impact the marketability of a substance; and
- formulate options to negotiate risk mitigation actions with the US EPA.
The course material is designed for attendees of all scientific and regulatory backgrounds with varying expertise levels. The workshop is suitable for:
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- EHS professionals
- Product Stewards
- Scientific Officers
- Environmental/Sustainability Specialists
- Regulatory Compliance Officers
- Product Managers
- Regulatory Evaluation Specialists
- Chemical Engineers
- Anyone working with TSCA
Attendees should install the freeware tools on their computers prior to the workshop. Additional instructions will be provided after registration.
Conference attendees can claim their training discount!
Book your place at Food Contact Regulations USA 2023 and get a 20% discount off this online training course. Email us at email@example.com and quote the code TSCA20 to claim this offer.