Develop your knowledge of toxicology and its application in a regulatory setting
In this deeper look into toxicology, you will attend a two-hour, 30-minute online training course designed to further develop your knowledge of toxicology and its application in a regulatory setting. This is a follow-on course from Chemical Watch’s Toxicology for the Non-Toxicologist training and e-learning courses.
Examples will be provided throughout the session to illustrate key points. The training is designed in such a way that the course material will be useful for a wide variety of industries. Regulations covered include: REACH, biocidal products (BPR) and cosmetics products Regulations. It will also help those of you involved with writing safety data sheets (SDSs), or conducting classification and labelling (CLP/GHS) and risk assessment work.
By attending this training course, you will learn:
- the use of data waivers, adaptation, and weight of evidence in regulatory toxicology;
- data sources and assessment of reliability;
- adverse and non-adverse effects;
- testing strategies for the assessment of toxicological endpoints;
- the importance of controls, satellite groups, choice of appropriate vehicles, group sizes, dose selection and exposure routes for in vivo testing;
- statistical significance, biological and toxicological significance; and
- the use of physico-chemical data for the determination of likely exposure routes.
This course will also be taking place again on 6 December 2023. You can book your place here.
If you or your colleagues would prefer a lighter introduction to the topic of toxicology, please see our beginner's courses below:
- Beginner's Guide to Toxicology | eLearning course
- Toxicology for the Non-Toxicologist | 4 April 2023
- Toxicology for the Non-Toxicologist | 5 December 2023