The latest updates in European biocidal regulations direct from the experts
The biocides sector is no stranger to challenges, but 2020 has proved to be more testing than most. The Covid-19 crisis has caused an unequalled demand for disinfectants, disruptions to supply chains and shortages of active substances. And the EU’s chemicals strategy for sustainability is promising more changes ahead. Seven years after the EU biocidal products Regulation (BPR) came into force, complying with the legislation continues to be demanding, with new issues flaring up as others are resolved.
Chemical Watch’s annual Biocides Europe conference brings together leading figures from industry, member state competent and regulatory authorities, as well as the European Commission and Echa. Discussions and presentations will include updates on the most recent developments in the assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), efficacy updates, testing and modelling, product authorisation and active substance renewal processes under the BPR.
There will also be a look at how the biocides sector is navigating the Covid-19 crisis and the impact of both Brexit and the EU chemicals strategy.
What will be covered at Biocides Europe 2020?
- The assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) under the BPR
- The product authorisation and active substance renewals processes
- How to optimise the registration process for applicants and authorities
- Efficacy updates and recent developments in testing and modelling
- Sustainable use, innovation and scope issues under the BPR
- Emerging/horizontal issues for biocides
Who should attend?
- Representatives of authorisation/registration holders
- National competent authorities
- Producers, exporters, formulators and retailers of biocidal/antimicrobial products – including household cleaning products, preservatives, pharmaceuticals and pesticides
- Those working in sustainability or marine/environmental welfare
- Government regulators
- Advisers and consultants
- Occupational health professionals
- Service providers
- Lawyers with an interest in the BPR; and,
- Other stakeholders in organisations working with or in biocidal products
- Hear from senior representatives of European institutions, member states authorities and industry, as they give their perspectives on the current state of biocidal regulations across the EU.
- Gain valuable insight into the state of play of the BPR.
- Bring yourself up to date with the complex and changeable regulatory biocides landscape in just two days.
- Have your questions answered at the various Q&A sessions during the conference. You can send any questions you might have for the expert speakers in writing before the event.
- Benefit from an entire conference dedicated to all the latest BPR developments, with in-depth discussions and practical insights.
- Meet and network with biocides professionals from around Europe and further afield, at one of the largest biocides events in the world.
Justify your event attendance to your manager
Getting the budget buy-in from your manager and making a business case to attend an event may be a challenging task for some, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for you, with some useful tips and practical resources, all on one handy page.
Exclusive discount for Chemical Watch members
Advance and Essential members are entitled to a discount on all Chemical Watch events.
Advance members will receive 20% discount
Essential members will receive 15% discount
Discount applied automatically at checkout (please log in to claim your discount).