Learn how chemicals are regulated under TSCA
Awareness of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) is essential for any business using or manufacturing industrial chemicals in the US. Staying compliant with TSCA, and meeting the challenges the legislation throws down, requires companies to have an in-depth understanding of how the legislation works and what it requires of them.
This is particularly so since the legislation underwent major changes in 2016. It’s also crucial that businesses affected by TSCA get to understand and anticipate how the EPA’s implementation of the law can impact their chemical selection and uses.
This first course of the three-part series will:
- Give you a general overview of TSCA;
- Take an in-depth look at confidential business information (CBI); and
- Explain TSCA Section 5, including the following aspects:
- TSCA inventory
- New chemicals/new use
- Significant new use rules (Snurs).
Who should book a place?
- Chemical manufacturers
- End users of chemical substances
Why should you book a place on this course?
- To learn about the latest regulatory challenges facing the safe management of chemicals
- To learn from experts in their fields
- To get a solid grounding in the key areas of the legislation
This course has been written by experts in TSCA from Bergeson & Campbell PC, a Washington DC firm providing vital expertise in product approval, business strategy development, compliance planning, product defence, policy advocacy and related activities for industrial, agricultural, biocidal, cosmetic, food contact, and speciality chemicals. B&C’s TSCA team includes six former senior EPA officials, an extensive scientific staff including seven PhDs, and a highly experienced team of lawyers and non-lawyer professionals well versed in all aspects of TSCA law, regulation, policy, and litigation.
TSCA eLearning package
Topics covered in the other two courses are as follows:
Navigating TSCA Part 2
- Import Requirements, TSCA Section 13
- Export Requirements, TSCA Section 12
- Chemical Data Reporting (CDR)
- Reporting and Retention of Information, TSCA Section 8
Navigating TSCA Part 3
- Inspections and Audits
- Chemical Testing (Regulatory)/Animal Welfare, TSCA Section 4
- Prioritization and Risk Evaluation, TSCA Section 6
- New TSCA at a Glance
Key benefits of taking this eLearning course
Informative, convenient & easy to use
- Valuable training written and presented by leading consultants from Bergeson & Campbell.
- The course is easy to “pick up where you left off” – enabling you to study at your own pace.
- Runs on PC, Mac, tablet and smartphone – allowing you to study at work, from home or on the go, fitting your training conveniently around your busy schedule.
- No travel required – making it a time-efficient training resource that keeps you and your team’s travel commitments and expenses down.
Appeals to a wide range of learning styles
Designed for multiple learning styles – our courses include image, text, interactive elements, video and audio to ensure all learning styles are catered for.
An extensive glossary of terms – helping you decipher key terminology.
Course Note Handouts – to supplement the content, and to help you revise the material on- and offline.
Self-assessment quiz questions – helping you measure whether you’ve met the learning objectives for each section of the course, giving instant feedback on your progress.
- Low per-trainee prices and attractive group rates – ensuring you maximise returns on your training budget.
- Initial single place cost: £400 (€450/$520) - members receive a 15% discount
- For group rates for multiple trainees, please email us for a quote at: email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1743 818 292