Learn how chemicals are regulated under TSCA
In this course, we will look at how jurisdiction and scope can affect your chemicals management, any potential issues that you may come across and the steps that need to be taken when importing chemicals under TSCA.
The exporting and reporting of data will also be discussed, breaking down everything you need to know.
The course will cover:
- Jurisdiction/scope – persons, chemicals, exemptions
- Pre-importation compliance issues
- Import notification procedures
- Customs procedures – refusal and detention
- Section 12(a) export-only
- Section 12(b) export notification
- Section 8 – reporting and retention of information
- Chemical data reporting (CDR); including who, what, where and how
Who should book a place?
- Chemical manufacturers
- End users of chemical substances
Why should you book a place on this course?
- To learn about the latest regulatory challenges facing the safe management of chemicals.
- To learn from experts in their fields.
- To get a solid grounding in the key areas of the legislation.
This course has been written by experts in TSCA from Bergeson & Campbell PC, a Washington, DC, firm providing vital expertise in product approval, business strategy development, compliance planning, product defence, policy advocacy and related activities for industrial, agricultural, biocidal, cosmetic, food contact, and speciality chemicals. B&C’s TSCA team includes six former senior EPA officials, an extensive scientific staff including seven with PhDs, and a highly experienced team of lawyers and non-lawyer professionals well versed in all aspects of TSCA law, regulation, policy, and litigation.
TSCA eLearning package
Get a complete understanding of TSCA and save £100 when you book onto all three courses in this TSCA eLearning series. To take advantage of this special offer please get in touch here.
Topics covered in the other two courses are:
Navigating TSCA Part 1
- A general overview of TSCA
- TSCA section 5 (Part 1): chemical inventory, exemptions
- TSCA section 5 (Part 2): new chemicals/new use
- Confidential business information (CBI)
Navigating TSCA Part 3
- Inspections and audits
- Chemical testing (regulatory)/animal welfare, TSCA Section 4
- Prioritisation and risk evaluation, TSCA Section 6
- New TSCA at a glance