REACH substance evaluation: What you need to know for your business
Once a chemical substance has been registered through REACH, ECHA and Member States will screen that substance to determine whether it is an SVHC (substance of very high concern), and should, therefore, be submitted for authorisation.
REACH substance evaluation affects organisations working with chemicals (either as part of a manufacturing process or as their main source of revenue) and importing, exporting, manufacturing, or retailing in the EU.
This one-day conference will explore the identification, process, context, issues, and consequences of the REACH substance evaluation – everything you need to know for your business. REACH Substance Evaluation follows on from our conference in March 2019: The Future of REACH Authorisation.
Key topics at REACH Substance Evaluation 2019
- ECHA’s identification of substances for evaluation, including grouping of substances;
- Whether the right substances are being identified;
- Concerns for animal testing for substance evaluations;
- Ways the current substance evaluation process could be improved;
- Best practices and examples of well-managed substance evaluations;
- The enforcement of substance evaluations; and,
- The future of substance evaluations.
Who should attend REACH Substance Evaluation?
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Compliance managers
- Risk assessment managers
- Product registration managers
- EHS professionals
- Government regulators
- Product stewards
- Service providers
- Those working in metals, textiles, plastics, electronics and all other sectors affected by substance evaluation
Why should you attend REACH Substance Evaluation?
- Learn how ECHA and Member States are collaboratively managing substance evaluation
- Get all the information you need regarding the complex issue of substance evaluation in just one day
- Have your questions answered by the expert panel of speakers
- Hear several perspectives on substance evaluation from regulators, industry professionals, and NGOs
Justify your event attendance to your manager
Getting the budget buy-in from your manager and making a business case to attend an event may be a challenging task for some, so we’ve made it as easy as possible for you with some useful tips and practical resources, all on one handy page.